I am currently working on the Hook patch (https://github.com/apx-simracing/issues/issues/29) of APX. This patch will add support for an event based hook system.
Basically, you can now add your own code which will be executed at certain events, e. g. if a car connects to the server. This feature allows implementation of following ideas:
- Remove duplicate penalties on a car if a car recieves penalties
- Do yellow-flag checks (e. g. for non-allowed overtakes)
- Get a proper race event log
- Identify stationary/ limping cars
- Identify driver swaps
- Write discord messages for happening events
With usage of hooks, the infrastructure can react to in-server events directly and has now need to do a permanent listening on the server status endpoint. This reduces load and makes the connection more efficient.
All of these additions are done without a dependency on the server. There is no need for a plugin, just a reciever instance must be running besides the server.
Documentation and examples
More infos on the project can be seen on https://apx.chmr.eu