Due to other projects and job and study I did not have the time to properly update the next distrochooser version. Today I added some updates on the beta.distrochooser.de instance, which are already live.
- Pop!_OS is now included within the decision matrix
- Fixed an issue where Kubuntu was not tagged as usable for daily work
- Fixed an issue where Kubuntu was not tagged as free to use
32 Bit support
Some distribution maintainers decided to stop supporting 32 bit or to limit supporting the architecture. Even as there might be alternative images, the Distrochooser will now return a negative hit for following distributions if the user answers the question about the hardware plattform as unclear (with possible lack of 64 bit support):
- Qube OS
- Elementary OS
- Linux Mint
Target of this measurement is to prevent people getting a recommendation with need for 32 bit support on a distribution without having that support.
- A bug was fixed causing the language select to fail on Chrome, Edge and other webkit based browsers
- The backend was updated to a newer Django version
As I mentioned earlier, Version 4 does not recieve any matrix or software updates anymore. The old version will remain online for some time after being substituted by Version 5. I will implement a browser bridge to redirect old results to old.distrochooser.de to allow users to read their old results, but the start page distrochooser.de will be switched to the latest version and beta.distrochooser.de will be redirected to distrochooser.de
I do not have an exact date for this, but I assume it will happen in the next 2 to 4 months.