I managed to find some time to add new updates to the distrochooser project. This time these updates focused on a new translation and options for visually impaired people.
A big thanks to omeritzics for providing a translation for hebrew!
For this merge, I implemented basic right-to-left language support into the distrochooser UI component. This implementation might still have room for improvement, but it is a start.
This means the distrochooser now can serve tests in 11 languages 🎉. If you want to participate in the project with contributing a new translation, feel free to take a look on this issue, thanks!
Visually impaired mode
I added a stub for a separate display mode for visually impaired people. This mode modifies the page layout as following:
- Removal of small icons
- Replacements of icons with text
- Removal of animations and pop-up-texts
- Replacement of the spinner animation with a text
- Increasing of the general font size
- Replacement of the radio buttons and check boxes for answers
- Replacement of image-based answers with text ones
Similar as the rtl mode this view mode still has some flaws but it is a start to work on this topic.
Additional, I fixed some minor display issues and an issue with the decision matrix. I started to collect information for version 6. But this is still years away, I guess.